January 10, 2011

A bit more personal

Hello!

Yesterday, I was going to post the review for my new hand cream. And maybe post some late NYE pictures.

Unfortunately, I had a really bad migraine, so I stayed in bed half the day. When I finally managed to get out of bed ad 13u30 to find something to eat and some pain killers, I noticed one of our cats could barely walk; apparently, one of her paws was hurting really bad, she didn't use it. My brother and me were home alone, no car and our normal vet (who lives at walking distance) was of course closed today. So we had the call another, to get the address and then find a ride there. Luckily, one of our neighbours was sweet enough to take us there.

Her paw probably isn't broken, but it's hurt pretty bad, so she got two injections and some medicine to take home. Of course, she spent the rest of the afternoon blissfully asleep. If she's not better by tomorrow, we have to take her back so they can take X-rays, to see if it really isn't broken.

Spent the rest of the day waiting for the painkillers to kick in, then packed my bag for the week and left for my room in
Gent. So I really didn't feel like writing about my hand cream yesterday, sorry... I called home today, she hasn’t improved much, so we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow...

Bad timing, since our other cat was also hurt (he got in a fight - again - and had some pretty bad wounds on his neck, and a lot of them). Luckily, he's almost better. They both just have to stay inside for a while now, which they absolutely don't like.

Anyway, since I've done this whole explanation, might as well show you some pictures and tell you a little more about them :)



The first one, Lef (which roughly translates as 'courage') is a 9 year old male (he'll turn 10 this year, jeej! My baby's getting old, lol). We got it from a friend of my moms (his persian cat had three kittens and my mom got to pick one). He's a real sweetie and loves to cuddle up on your lap. And he looooves attention! He just doesn't like other cats on his territory. Hence the fighting.
His fur is really really thick right now (which you can't really see properly on the pictures). Well except for that spot on his neck, where the vet had to shave of the hair to clean the wound. It looks ridiculous.



The second one is older, but we haven't had her as long. She's a stray cat we took in and she's really tiny! We're not sure how old she is, of course, but the vet said she's probably older then Lef. Her name is Moya (it's Keltic or Gaellic or something, can't remember right now, but it means 'grand/great'). She can stick up her nose and walk away very arrogantly. And oh my, she's a femme fatale! You should see the way she tries to seduce my dad into giving her something when we're having dinner. It's hilarious.
We obviously don't know what happened to her before we took her in, but we think she must have been neglected and probably beaten. She often takes her food and hides to eat it (as if she's scared we'll take it from her) and she used to get these really bad panic attacks. She's calmed down a lot though and she's a sweet little lady :) She loves following my mom around. Oh and she makes really funny noises when she sleeps.
She has allergies, which sometimes makes her lose her hair between her eyes and her ears (you can see it in the last picture). She's the one with the bad paw at the moment.
Btw, her whiskers used to be black, but over the years, they've turned white. Didn't even know it was possible, but there you go...




Oh and they both love sleeping. Especially on your lap or in the sun. That's the life.
And as you may have noticed; they looooove the camera!

xxx

P.S.: I'll post the hand cream review and NYE pictures as soon as possible. Probably not tomorrow though, 'cause I'm having dinner at a friends :)

2 comments: